Monday, June 16, 2008

Key terms

Dubrovnik's Key Features

Pigeons
These freaks of nature are everywhere in Dubrovnik. I want to kill them all.


Sea Breeze
Dubrovnik has had the best weather ever. Perfect temperature in the low 70s F/ low 20s C. And the breeze has been fantastic. Couldn't have had a better day for the beach today.

EURO 2008!
As I write the after-parties are just getting started after Croatia just beat Poland to advance as a top seed to the quarterfinals. Europe loves football and it has really added to the atmosphere. Very nice.

Cats
I'm sure this town has more cats per capita than any other town in the world by far. You literally can not take one step without seeing one of the cute skinny bundles of fur lounging around on the floor. Seems to be taking care of the rat problem.


$$$
Compared to Bosnia this place is mad expensive (Disclaimer: this is my first time to Europe so I'm not used to Western Europe prices). Granted some stuff was worth it (i.e. climbing the city walls, a really moving war photography exhibit) but for most of the museums, restaurants, etc... give me a break!

Alright... since I have to get up in 4.5 hours for the flight home it is time for me to sign off. Photos WILL be posted as soon as I return.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good, you did get to check out the city walls! I really loved the views from there. I stumbled on the war museum entirely by accident, but found it really interesting and thought they did a really nice job with it. I hope you enjoyed your time there and have a safe trip back!
    --Rowan

    ReplyDelete